Step 1 Complete a speed test
We recommend using Ookla to perform a speedtest (the button is below). Once the speed test has completed, save your result as a screenshot. Keep it safe as you will need this for your Access Broadband Cymru application.
To take a screenshot
- Click the window that you want to copy.
- Press ALT+PRINT SCREEN or FUNCTION+PRINT SCREEN.
- Open Microsoft Word (or another office program) and paste the image into the document using CTRL+V or right click then select Paste.
- Save the document for later.
- Press Shift-Command-4.
- Drag to select the area of the screen to capture. To move the entire selection, press and hold Space bar while dragging.
- After you release your mouse or trackpad button, find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.
The images on the left (or above on mobile) are a visual guide. Now go to Ookla using the button below to perform a speedtest and then continue the steps below.
Step 2 Complete application form
Download the Access Broadband Cymru application form and complete the following sections as needed:
- Section 1 – Complete if Residential
- Section 2 – Complete if a Business
- Section 3 – All to be ticked
- Section 4 – Farmers (especially if had Community Grants)
- Section 5 – DO NOT TICK
Step 3 Send application form
For your application to go-ahead without disruption, you must include:
- The completed application form
- Your estimated quote from ourselves (4G4U)
- The screenshot of your current internet speed
Failure to provide these will delay your application.
Please send all documentation to the following address:
Department for Economy, Science & Transport
ICT Infrastructure Division
South Gate House
Step 4 Approval
If approved – You will receive two offer letters. Access Broadband Cymru Award of Funding Letter. Please make a note of the Funding Voucher Number (starts with BB).
Two copies of the Award letter will be received. Both copies to be signed and ONE to be returned within 14 days of the Funding letter.
The Elective Funding Claim Form needs to be kept until Installation is done.
Step 5 Installation
When your grant has been approved and all relevant documentation sent, you can now book one of our engineers to come to your property and install the 4G equipment.
Once installed, we do another speed test. This needs to be done on site with a 5m cable to obtain best results.
We also need your IP address and MAC address from your router. This information needs to be put on the invoice.
Elective Funding Claim Form, Invoice and Speed Check verification then to be sent to address above.
Contact us using the form below to book an engineer visit.